Cornwallis 7419W

We have created this section so anyone who may be looking for others they have served with, or who have served with their families or friends, may contact each other and hopefully find what they're searching for.
Forum rules
The purpose of this site to provide information and allow others to find former friends, and to share images and stories of your time at Cornwallis. Foul language will not be tolerated and will result in the deletion of your account. Please show others the same respect you wish to be shown.
prariegirl36

Cornwallis 7419W

Postby prariegirl36 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello, I am hoping to reconnect with former graduates of 7419W. We were 13th Platoon and the first women's platoon to go through the same training as our brother platoon. The training course prior to our course was the last 9 week course for women. Through the years I have often thought of the women and men I took my basic training with. I retired from the Military in 2001 after 27 years service. I would love to hear from anyone who took their training during this period.
Regards, Gail Fraser (nee Tosczak) :)
Pat

Re: Cornwallis 7419W

Postby Pat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm

7415(W) was the first course to go through the same training as the men....we were the first in the H-Huts and not South Block. We started training 14 April 1974 and graduated 28 June 1974. We were the guinea pig course....most times they had no idea what classes we were supposed to be in...and it caused a lot of confusion. Don't know who said your course was the first females to do the full course same as the men, but I can assure you 7415(W) was the first....full weapons training and Granville included.
Paat

Postby Paat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:33 pm

You were on my course....I am sure of it. Check out this link...it's for Military Girls.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryGals/
Paat

Postby Paat » Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 am

Paat wrote:You were on my course....I am sure of it. Check out this link...it's for Military Girls.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryGals/

Coleen Calvert was on your course and you were our Juniors...we were definitely the first ones to do the same course as the men. 11 weeks...the course before us, was the last one to do the 9 week course
gauvreau

Postby gauvreau » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Not sure if I'm correct in posting here but I'm looking for anyone hat may have known my birth mother. I have one photo of her in a military all woman's group and don't know anything further. Not sure if won't the year either but I'm guessing it is between late 60's early 70's. Her name was terra Lynn Gauvreau and she is the 4 from the right second row.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (198.88 KiB) Viewed 3667 times

Return to “Welcome”